Friday, February 5, 2010

A baby pact...


I have this gut feeling these little babies planned a pact against their loving and wonderful babysitter, lol.  Yes, I am talking about me.  They woke up talking to each other like they usually do and laughing after each convo.  Then all of a sudden they are all fighting their sleep. One hour goes by, nothing.... Next hour, little one gets fussy, but doesn't wanna sleep.  Third hour, Toby couldn't take it anymore... he's out like a light, but the girls are staying strong...fussy, but awake and rubbing their eyes.  I end up getting them all comfy and playing Lana's favorite bedtime song, "So Close", from the Enchanted soundtrack.  Before the song ends, they are out.  Ahhhhhh.... they caved!!! WoooHoooo!!!! One catch, the one who fell asleep first, will wake up first!  Usually when that happens... he wakes the rest up.  I got an hour of peace and quiet.  It was nice.

The next day started earlier then usually cause little Lana woke everyone up at 6am with her screams.  Only plus to that is they had 2 naps from being tried.

So... tell me... why is it that babies fight there sleep?  Dreamland is so much nicer then reality.  I mean it must be for them, and the smiles they give when they are asleep shows pure serenity.  Smiles of joy.  Smiles of happiness.  Sometimes even a giggle sneaks out.  Babies should want to go to sleep.  I don't get it.

As I write this, little Lana is fighting her sleep in daddy's arms.  He's not handling it too well, so I'm going to give him a hand now. BBS...

Lana is now fast asleep.  I just wanted to come back to share some of these phone pictures. =) Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. They are too excited n think it will all disappear if they close their eyes. Theyre so sweet n precious when they sleep..all the time but when they sleep u can help but stare. And mine r like making pillows with their blankets and turning into funny positions..wait till Lana starts. its amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She started hugging the blankets and then mushing her into it like Toby does. It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete