Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The beginning of some great memories...



After a 3 month maternity leave, I just didn't know if it was worth the stress to go back to work. Between the early mornings, crazy daycare fees, price of formula, and not enough take home cash I sat at home day and night stressing over how I just don't think it's worth going back, but I decided to try it out anyway. That was until my boss called and delayed me coming an extra week. I then lost my daycare spot and could not afford a personal sitter. Now I for sure could not go back, but what was I suppose to do???

My sister contacted me and asked if I would be willing to watch her 9-month-old twins whenever she needs. Her kids were getting too heavy to carry to the sitter in the freezing cold. She was tired of carrying them both (at the same time) up 2 flights of stairs, and not getting enough sleep.

A little back ground, my sister is an RN and works from 7pm-7am, she gets home at about 8am and then has to take her 9 year old to school. She doesn’t get much sleep because of her crazy routine.

I of course agreed to watch my niece, Brianna, and nephew, Toby, with my daughter, Lana, coming along for the fun.

The catch: I am needed 5:30am to 1:30pm! That means I wake up @ 3am to get Lana and myself ready. Leave the house by 4:45am, and get there by 5:30am.

And this is where the fun begins! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment