Friday, January 29, 2010

Another view on shopping...

Usually we go to the stores and look for stuff we need, and pick up stuff that we might need, and then we see the "ohhhh I like that" stuff.  Well, things get worse when you have a baby.  You start seeing the "awww my baby would like this" stuff, which happens to me 3 times worse now that I have three babies my mind.

Today was a fun morning with the 3 kids, and  then I decided to go to Target and use some of the coupons I had that were going to expire by the end of the month,   you know the stuff we might need, lol.  It was going just fine, Lana was fast asleep in the stroller the whole time, so I had the freedom of just rooming around...then I got to the baby section,  I wanted to get this for Lana, that for Brianna, oh and this for Toby.  I had to stop myself... I could not afford all this right now.  Then of course I saw a sale of the gerber  goodies that the twins like, and then saw some Valentine's Day clothes, and then of cooooourse the clearance rack!  A soft fluffy pink blankey with a huge Lady bug, $3.24!!! I "NEED" that!!! Well, after the rattle for Brianna, some receiving blankets that my mom wants at her place for the kids, diapers, wipes, and formula.... I realized I didn't go there for this! I went to save money with coupons, when in reality I should've just stayed home and saved my money.

Then you start thinking, what about me??? LOL  I don't even have the desire to look at stuff for myself anymore.  I always used to wonder why my mom would never buy herself new clothes.  Now I know!  It's because you'd rather spend that extra dollar on your baby then yourself.  But honestly, does that make ANY sense???  Our clothes, adult clothes that is, last us years; baby stuff last us a few months! And babies loose interest in toys quickly when they have too many to play with.  They should have a few favorites and call it a day.  Like that will happen nowadays with all the CUTE new things out for babies.  How did people survive before this stuff was invented?

No more shopping for me! (yeahhhh right!)

1 comment:

  1. lmao.....i feel you!! I cannot be trusted to just go in the store for one thing. Poor Tammy I dont buy her clothes anymore.

    ReplyDelete